Sublime Forum

Tradestation EasyLanguage

I have a trading application which is built using Tradestation’s EasyLanguage. The Tradestation development environment was developed to enable trading ideas to be implemented fairly simply, plugging in directly to Tradestation’s servers. However, it was designed with small applications in mind and struggles to cope with a 40,000 line trading app - forcing me to use an external editor to create code which must then be copied into the Tradestation editor in small chunks.

To be more useful than a simple text editor (I have several) SublimeText would need to provide similar functionality to EasyLanguage for the creation of valid EL commands.

This is implemented in EL using a dot-generated list of available options. For instance:

If I type elsystem.windows.forms.form. I get a popup list of all the possible commands which follow.

.Show
.Create()
.Visible
.WindowState

… etc.

I would attach an image here but it does not appear to be possible…

For practical purposes it would be necessary for SublimeText to remember each VALID entry in order to generate a list of valid entries over time. The list would have to be editable in case of typos…

Some pre-compilation checking would also be useful for obvious errors.

Is this plausible? If so, how would I go about this?

/s

ps: EL generates C++ or C# code (not sure which) and it is this generated code that actually runs. There is a broader issue here - the current environment does not separate the EL source code from the C++ code and that can lead to corruption of the source file: corruption from which it is sometimes impossible to recover.

Perhaps SublimeText might provide TS with a more modern framework for large trading apps…

0 Likes