Sublime Forum

'Too many files to display' behaviour is awkward

Hi there,

This is a quick suggestion — I have found the old SM1 behaviour of just listing the files collapsed instead of pointing to a sidebar much easier to work with. For example, one issue I am having right now is that I have 2000+ file modification list which shows 'too many files to display, which is fine. However, I have chosen one of the files and added it, and about to commit. Unfortunately even after adding that file to staging, my main view is blocked with a big giant empty grey space that still says ‘too many files to display’. It should instead show what I have added into the commit, even if what I haven’t added is still not visible under ‘too many files to display’.

In short — ‘Too many files to display’ should apply on a per-category basis, if I have 2000 unstaged files and 1 staged file, the staged file should be visible, and the unstaged files should be invisible.

Or simpler even, clicking the button ‘show files’ should just show the files, not redirect me to a sidebar while my main view remains empty.

1 Like