Sublime Forum

Toggle Quick Panes / Panels correctly? SublimeLinter

This may or may not be possible; I’m not too familiar with generalized coding, I use ST3 for R and similar statistics packages.

I use plugins that allow me to send code to a ST window running R inside a terminal.

Similar to Sublime Linter’s slide out panel – this “quick panel” is not a ‘new’ instance of ST. It doesn’t open a new black window, file or table, like if I was to change layout and create a split group. I can close it via “super+w” so I know it’s recognized, but I can’t seem to re-create the panel no matter what I try. Instead of the panel opening horizontally (row) I’m trying to get the panel open as a column via Origami or ST3 settings.

If anybody has any insight on what I’m talking about that’d be great. I know my description is rather elusive but if Sublime Linter has ever been used, the panel I’m talking about is exactly the “Show All Lines” error panel. I’m trying to get that panel to open as a column instead of row.

0 Likes

I use plugins that allow me to send code to a ST window running R inside a terminal.

Sounds like you are executing a build script via ST’s build system to run your R code?

If yes, you can’t currently move it as the build system output is always printed to a panel.

Panels are special views, displayed at the bottom of the window without interfering with the rest of your grid layout. They can’t be displayed at the right corner (as column) or moved to any other group.

The only chance to display the output of your build script in a column, was to use Terminus plugin to run your build script. It can output its content to a panel or an ordinary view. You could even setup a layout, which is applied if Terminus opens so it is always displayed in the second column for instance.

You’d need to study the readme of the Terminus package to learn how to do so.

0 Likes

Alright yeah I actually use Terminus. To my understanding the shell always will open up as a ‘new’ window of some sort. Is there a way to configure Terminus to open it’s associated shell in a similar quick panel?

I’ve been able to get Termius to open in the right column — spltting my monitor vertically. Of course I can set this to a horizontal split too. But my point being no matter where it opens, it’ll open it’s own ‘tab’ as well. So it’s not much of a ‘quick panel’ in the same way those mentioned windows above are. But it’s very possible that I’m not using my settings to configure thoroughly.

My setup right now for this is —> R-IDE, Sendcode, Terminus.

0 Likes

The panels at, he bottom are called output panels.

You can instruct Terminus to open the terminal in an output panel (since the underlying views have exactly the same API) but I don’t know how exactly. I suggest checking the Readme thoroughly.

0 Likes