Sublime Forum

Todo Comment highlighting

I used to put in a Todo comment like this

/**

TODO:
    - First todo item
    - Second todo item

*/

And it would highlight the block in red so that it was easy to see when scrollling.

/**

TODO:
    - First todo item
    - Second todo item

*/
```

But after the recent update, it no longer highlights. Do you know if this was an initial sublime feature that got removed from the update or should I be looking elsewhere to post an issue.
0 Likes

TODO Syntax highlighting
Make a row bright pink in sublime text 3

Are you talking about PHP?

1 Like

Oh, I guess it was not intended behaviour after all. That’s unfortunate, I liked being drawn to the Todo list…

Thanks for the information!

0 Likes

For PHP, I recommend using php-grammar to replace the default PHP package. It provides better syntax highlight. And, FORTUNATELY, it still highlights your TODO. But, it’s highlighted just because it’s considered as an invalid phpdoc.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to the be highlighting the way you suggested, but it brings a lot of features/macros that I’ve been looking for!

0 Likes

Try

1. check the default PHP package is disabled (in the user preference -> ignored_packages)
  • close files and ST
  • restart ST

I tried a clean ST 3103 and it worked.

1 Like

Yes, I got it to work! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Personally, I use the SublimeLinter-annotations package for this. It highlights a customizable number of “todo” markers in your code just like other linters and you can browse them in the usual way with ctrl+k, a.

You can also have a project-wide overview with TodoReview (currently has a few bugs but is working in general).

0 Likes