Sublime Forum

To undo the Chinese input

I always input Chinese with Sogou, an input method used in China frequently. When I undo the Chinese under sublime (mac), it changes to pinyin first in the file (press ctrl z second time) then undo the letters one by one. So it is inefficient. How do you fix it? I mean do not show the process of deleting the letters.

I only edit Chinese in .tex file, it also happened in other types of files.

is there similar phenomenon happened for other languages? Is it the problem of sublime or input method? Perhaps, people do not use other languages other than English to program.

It seams that the letters are written into the file as a part of the input.

0 Likes

somebody can help me?

to my surprise, even the text editor (provided by mac) dose not show (or undo) the pinyin in the file. Why dose sublime do that?

1 Like

then undo the letters one by one

The problem is that your letters are undo one by one like this?

Then is should be the same problem as this issue:

1. https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/1817

If this is not the problem, can you record a screen cast of the problem, as the example showed?

0 Likes

like this, I just press ctrlz. pinyin is inputed into sublime as other editors, since when you shift the input method the letters stay there. but other editors never show the pinyin after undoing the characters.

0 Likes

I have the same problem, isn’t resolved?

0 Likes

never, Only Chinese use characters. Others will not pay attention to it.

2 Likes

Korean character has similar problem in my MacBook:

When I undo Korean text, Sublime first undo one (composited) character, then restore it, then remove every vowels or consonants one by one.

It’s terribly annoying!

1 Like

The Japanese will meet the same problem if they use japanese. I have tried Atom, it works well. Thank you for your attention. I believe the author of sublime will also pay attention to it.

0 Likes

Yes, I have this problem too. Please support proper undo behavior for CJK languages.

0 Likes