Sublime Forum

This memory leak issue is still a thing

Ive been using sublime for years but these days my go to has become vs code for a few reasons amongst which despite all the telemetry and heavier interface of vs code its still performs better and consumes less ram than sublime.

Often I find after running your software with multiple tabs open for a few hours the memory usage starts to accumulate a lot and I find myself having to close all the windows to reset this behavior.

How come this has been an issue reported before 2016 and still no fix for this? Besides that Ive been happy with sublime for the most part but still not addressing this problem is very weird…

0 Likes

How come this has been an issue reported before 2016 and still no fix for this? Besides that Ive been happy with sublime for the most part but still not addressing this problem is very weird…

I’m not aware of any specific reports of memory leaks that haven’t been fixed in the last couple years. Do you have a link to that reported issue? What platform are you on? What version of ST are you using?

1 Like