Sublime Forum

Theme - Nil (Update: Bright theme, HDPI, icons, dog washing)

Alright, I spent all day updating this bloody theme. Check the first post for details. The short of it: bright theme, HDPI support, icons, and lazy blocky scrollbars.

0 Likes

First HDPI theme?? Nice!

0 Likes

I’m a not huge fan of how low the tab_height has gotten in the last release. I bumped it back up to 32 (I think that’s what it was at before?) and it looks much better.

0 Likes

It’s actually not supposed to be that low – oversight on my part. Forgot to set it back after I was done fiddling with the tab images. It’s now 30, since that’s what I’ve ended up using most.

0 Likes

Can you please tell me the name of the font you are using? Thank you.

0 Likes

The font is Envy Code R.

0 Likes

I’m not sure how most people are finding my theme, but a quick reminder to everyone who may install it at some point and then create a frivolous issue on the GitHub page:

If you notice your tabs aren’t highlighted when modified, double-check the README. Do not create a GitHub issue for this unless you are absolutely sure it’s not a case of PEBCAK — otherwise I’m putting your issue in the hall of shame. I may also add your name to the README as a person to be shunned and avoided for eternity. It depends on how many more issues people create without reading the README. Might be fun.

0 Likes

Quick update:

• Added a new color scheme, Big Duo. Cast in the name of god, ye not guilty, and so on. Screenshot of that below. I don’t expect it’ll be to everyone’s liking, but I was finding Tubnil a little hard to work with during the day even though I basically live in a cave (three stories up, but you’d be surprised what covering the windows with towels will do), so I figured I’d tweak it a bit. This was the result. I know, it’s more along the lines of Big O’s colors, but Big Duo’s cooler. Insert other childlike wonder at big robots here.

• Fixed diff highlighting in Tubnil Bright. Also tweaked highlighting in Tubnil. Both include keys for some stuff that’s not in the default diff grammar — I’ll probably see about putting those changes somewhere later. Git diff highlighting inside commit messages is also given a unique background color as well in both Tubnil and Big Duo. There’s also a highlight for namespaces and such in there — same as other entities. The default C++ grammar also does not include this. That’s another thing I’ll have to think about.

• As anyone who uses Nil or Ayin might’ve noticed, groups and folders are purple now. Actually, folders were always purple in Ayin, but the point is there’s more purple. As an added note to those who have been requesting I change it to blue or add a ridiculous number of preferences to change it to different colors, no. The sidebar colors can be disabled, check the README for instructions.

Big Duo:
Click for screenshot (or look down a post)

0 Likes

Hey look, an update. This is mainly to address two issues:

• Folder icons for the sidebar. See the README’s “Options” section for more on that. These are disabled by default. I typically only enable something by default in the themes if someone will think it’s a bug
    . Though by that logic, I should’ve also enabled colored sidebar icons by default too…

• Fixes wasted space in the tabset and some sort of odd crash to do with resizing the windows. I assume this is the result of inheriting some odd tab configurations from the old Pseudo OS X theme, but I don’t know. All I know is the tabs have been reconfigured and may be slightly visually different.

• Sidebar rows are slightly tweaked. They’re now 1px taller and indentations are a little different. This is mostly to accommodate the folder icons.

All of the changes apply to both Nil and Ayin. Screenshot of Nil follows (with the Big Duo color scheme instead of Tubnil now).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31892/nil-r4-t.png

There are no free hotdogs in this update.

0 Likes