Sublime Forum

"The process tried to write to a non-existent pipe" in Sublime Console

I have a build system defined in Sublime Text 3 that also defines a bunch of variants.

Some of the variants, don’t properly write out to the console in sublime after calling a certain amount of times.
Instead it will just say …

The process tried to write to a non-existent pipe.

I believe this behaviour started in Sublime version 3.1. I am running on Windows 10.

For example, I have the following build variant that calls a simple batch script that has been working fine for years. I have been calling it from my sublime build system with no issue for years as well.

{
“name” : “create_filelist”,
“cmd”: [“create_filelist.bat”],
“working_dir”: “${project_path}/MainSuite/Assets”,
},

But now, after calling it about 3-5 times (with success), it will eventually fail, and give the previously mention error.

0 Likes

I may be wrong but I think you may be bumping against this issue; I experience something similar under Linux, though the error messages are a bit different there.

0 Likes

Does anyone have any other info on this? This is so annoying. And since sublime progress is basically dead, I am worried this will not get fixed for years if ever.

0 Likes

I guess you have 2 options:

1. The default build is implemented in the exec.py which is part of the Default.sublime-package. You could either Create a Folder Packages/Default and place an older version in there to overwrite the existing one - in case any older one works for you.
  2. I recently learned about terminus to be a very good alternative for powering the build system with the ability to even handle interactive user input.

Example for Terminus Build.sublime-build to run the currently open batch via build system.

{
    "selector": "source.dosbatch",
    "target": "terminus_open",
    "panel_name": "Terminus Build",
    "cmd": ["$file"],
    "env": {},
    "cwd": "${file_path:${folder}}",
}
0 Likes