Sublime Forum

The menu bar has disappeared + folder section

I accidentally closed the menu and I can’t seem to find a way to open it again. I know it was really stupid of me but well… And I also want to know how to have the folder section on the left side.
Thanks for helping me.

0 Likes

If by “closed the menu” you mean you turned it off, you can get it back by opening the Command Palette (Shift+Ctrl+P or Shift+Cmd+P) and selecting the command View: Toggle Menu to turn it back on. If you’re on Windows you can also get the menu to temporarily reappear by pressing the Alt key as well.

The area you’re talking about here is the Side Bar. The options on the side bar are to have it hidden or displayed, and you can have the list of currently opened files on or off. In your image you have the side bar displayed and the display of opened files turned on.

The reason you don’t see any folders in the side bar is because you don’t have any folders open, so there’s nothing to display. You can open a folder by:

• Dragging one from a file browser onto Sublime
  • Selecting File > Open Folder... from the menu
  • Selecting Project > Add Folder to Project the menu

Note that Sublime doesn’t just show you an arbitrary list of folders (for example, everything on your C: Drive or everything on your computer) if that’s what you’re looking for.

1 Like