Sublime Forum

Text selection stopped working (text is unselected when I let go the key)

After system upgrade (details below) selection stopped working in my Sublime (3211), when I try to select text with mouse (or any other way, CTRL+A. etc) and let go the button/key, text is un-selected.

I have tried to start Sublime fresh, without any plugins - same issue.

I am not sure if it is related, but it happened after Plasma upgrade (5.17 to 5.18), I know sublime is using GTK, but I haven’t updated anything GTK related. Also, there is no such issue with other GTK applications.

Is there anything I can do to debug this issue further? I tried to look for similar issues.

0 Likes

Have you tried Reverting to a freshly installed state ?

0 Likes

Yes, same issue.

0 Likes

To me it sounds like something is eating the primary pasteboard as soon as it’s updated. Does this also happen in the save dialog? Which other GTK applications have you tried?

0 Likes

@bschaaf I tried Firefox, Thunderbird, VSCodium - all work fine. Yes, it happens with save dialog!

edit. Thanks @bschaaf

Ok found it, it is Plasma’s fault, if someone will have same issue as me, set your Plasma clipboard to size higher than 1 - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=417729.

1 Like

Non-browser GTK applications like gedit and gnome-terminal generally clear their selection when the primary pasteboard is changed. Firefox/chrome don’t do this for some reason. Future versions of sublime won’t clear the selection when the primary pasteboard is changed, falling in line with firefox/chrome.

1 Like

And most other editors, one might add.

0 Likes