Sublime Forum

Text Font Resizing Delay

I am running build 4126 on MacOS 11.6 Big Sur, on an Intel Mac Mini with Intel UHD Graphics 630, and lots of RAM.

When I use the cmd-plus or cmd-minus to resize my fonts, there is a two to three-second delay before the font sizes change. This had been plaguing me for a while on all my machines, and I thought recent versions of ST fixed this. On my laptop, I get fast font size changing, like the olden days. But on my Mini, I do not.

I have tried setting the hardware_acceleration to explicitly “opengl” but I do not see any change in behavior. Is there a way I can inspect or verify that my ST is using opengl? Or is this delay in font resizing not related?

Thank you for any advice.

0 Likes

If you use View > Show Console from the menu to open the Sublime console, one of the first things you’ll see is information about the GL system you can use to verify what’s happening:

pre session restore time: 0.220532
OpenGL Context Information:
  GL API Version: 4.6.0 - Build 26.20.100.7325
  GLSL Version: 4.60 - Build 26.20.100.7325
  Vendor: Intel
  Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
startup time: 1.05853
first paint time: 1.10853

That said, I don’t know if that would affect this; does the same thing happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

Aha, thank you. I am indeed using OpenGL rendering.

I didn’t think about safe mode! When starting in safe mode, I am not seeing the delay.

I’ll try backing through my extensions and config. I thought I had the same packages/config on my two machines, but apparently something is different on my “slow” one.

0 Likes

Circling back. The problem was due to the installed package “Fix Mac Path”.

Thanks @OdatNurd for coaching me to do the right troubleshooting. :slight_smile:

1 Like