Sublime Forum

Tabs, spaces, and update nags

1. I got 3.2, but every time I start ST3, I am reminded to download the update. How do I make it stop?

2. I was using tabs as my default indentation instead of spaces. That seems to have been lost since the update, and in researching it I was frankly surprised to see that spaces are ‘officially’ preferred to tabs. Who knew? Not me. I’ve seen some of the other posts "translate_tabs_to_spaces": true, and tab inserts TABS not spaces Automatic space->tab and tab->space conversion on similar issues, but I have not been able to get it back to where it was before.

3. #2 has become all the more important to me now, because I use a lot of tab separated CSVs, and when I copy and paste them in order to edit, ST3 drops all my tabs and makes them spaces! Even worse, it does not replace each tab with exactly 4 spaces, so my CSVs are screwed and Python gives me KeyErrors.

Here is an example header row that I copy pasted.
last_name first_name middle_name suffix title start_date end_date

Now instead of tabs, in between each field I now have:
last_name (3 spaces) first_name (2 spaces) middle_name (1 space) suffix (2 spaces) title (3 spaces) start_date (2 spaces) end_date

How do I fix this, please?! Thanks

0 Likes