Sublime Forum

tab_completion overwrites snippet

Hi guys, I enabled tab_completion, but is there any way to stop it from overwriting some snippets?
Exemple, there is a snippet for “!” in css that translate to “!important”, but with tab_completion: true, it keeps auto-completing to “!bottom”, any ideas?

Also, is there an easy way to know the trigger key for a snippet? Like “Lorem” adds a paragraph of lorem ipsum, but it’s not really clear that I have to type “Lorem” to do so, maybe add it on the right of the snippet name in the menu, or am I missing something?

thanks all!

0 Likes

[quote=“allaire”]Hi guys, I enabled tab_completion, but is there any way to stop it from overwriting some snippets?
Exemple, there is a snippet for “!” in css that translate to “!important”, but with tab_completion: true, it keeps auto-completing to “!bottom”, any ideas?[/quote]

What version are you using? It works as expected here. However, I think you’ve found a bug, because Sublime doesn’t seem to detect “!” as a prefix when you press “Ctrl+spacebar”. You should see the final order of priority for insertion there, and this snippet should appear as "! : ", but it doesn’t… If you change the tab trigger for the snippet to “imp”, for example, it does appear as it should if you press “Ctrl+spacebar” after “i”.

0 Likes

I’m using 2054 on Max OSX, which version are you using?

Thanks for your help, it might be a little bug, this is still an Alpha release afterall! Any places I can submit it?

0 Likes

Same one too.

People usually report bugs in the forums, you can try too.

0 Likes