Sublime Forum

Syntax Highlighting Breaks on Style tag

Greetings! I’ve been suffering through a bizarre issue that recently happened to me with syntax highlighting of HTML in PHP blocks. Anytime I create a “style” attribute everything after it gets greyed out. See attached screenshot. I have tried other color schemes, all behave identically.

It is specific to style="" as well, doesn’t matter if there is anything else in it, does not matter if there are any other attributes.

0 Likes

probably some third party package is causing this. try renaming your data folder to prove it
https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes

Unfortunately renaming/removing it has not made a difference.

0 Likes

ST version?

Code snippet as text?

Is the displayed text the beginning of a file?

0 Likes

ST3

<div style="">

Anywhere with style="" will get that result, regardless of where it is in file. There’s nothing weird like curly quotes going on. Just style="", placed anywhere, on any element (div, article, etc.) will break the syntax of everything that follows.

0 Likes

I don’t see that happening here in this minimal reproduction of your text above, as seen below. This is build 3180 with the PHP syntax that ships with Sublime in this build in place. What build are you running there? I would tend to agree with @kingkeith that this seems like a third party package fiddling with something, unless you’re running an older build or you’ve replaced the PHP syntax with something else (or have an override of some sort in place for it).

0 Likes

I’m running 3176, just solved the issue by uncommenting some ignored_packages in preferences. Not sure how they became commented out, I know I had some crazy sublime crash with a bunch of errors and visual corruptions last week, perhaps in righting itself Sublime ignored some packages to get itself back running…not terribly experienced with Sublime to know, but that’s the best I can share for anyone else who may someday run into this issue.

1 Like