Sublime Forum

Synced​Sidebar​Bg alternative?

I use the package 'Synced​Sidebar​Bg" to keep the color scheme of the side bar in line with the main editor - it works reasonably well, but I see this in my console log (goes away if I remove Synced​Sidebar​Bg):
Errors parsing theme:
icon_file_type is missing layer0.opacity, setting to 1.0 for backwards compatibility
icon_folder is missing layer0.opacity, setting to 1.0 for backwards compatibility

Is there a cleaner way of achieving what Synced​Sidebar​Bg does? FWIW, my main color scheme is CheerfullyDark which I love.

0 Likes

If you are on the dev builds, you can use the Adaptive theme. If you’re not, you’ll have to wait for the next public build. Exactly what you describe is a core feature in the latest builds.

0 Likes

I am using Adaptive theme, build 3141 and still see this error when using Synced​Sidebar​Bg.

Without Synced​Sidebar​Bg, Adaptive theme does not make my sidebar ultrablack to match CheerfullyDark.

So, is this then a bug in Adaptive theme?

0 Likes

If you’re already using Adaptive, I’m sure that Synced​Sidebar​Bg isn’t actually compatible. It should be more reliable to do this the manual way.

• create a new file Adaptive.sublime-theme in the User directory in the Packages directory.
  • put this in it:
{
      "class": "sidebar_container",
      "layer0.tint": ["background", 0, 0, 0, 0]
  }

You can override every aspect of a theme like this.

1 Like

OK, but I was hoping for it to be fully automatic which is what Synced​Sidebar​Bg is promising.

0 Likes

It is automatic. "background" tells it to match the background of your code. The default is to have a little transparency but the last 0 in there disables that. Before the latest dev builds you need a plugin because the theming engine doesn’t actually support this. Now it does and it’s fully automatic. You could go and publish a package that does this, but it doesn’t make sense to put all that work into 4 lines of code.

1 Like

Oh, I see, thank you for the excellent explanation!

1 Like