Sublime Forum

Support sucks bigtime for paying clients Sublime

Hi,

This is not the first time I notice this, when I post a support question nobody from the Sublime Staff cares and questions can float around for ever not being answered or solved.

I’m a long paying client from the beginning of Sublime text and I think the support sucks big time!

Wonder if this is normal when you pay a yearly subscription?

Regards,

David

0 Likes

We don’t have anyone dedicated to technical support, though I generally try to answer what I can.

0 Likes

You pay to support the development of Sublime Text. This is a small company. They don’t have call center or outsourced on-demand tech support like you see on bigger companies.

0 Likes

Very strange! On the website I see:

Support

Something not working right? Pop in to the Technical Support forum to get it sorted.

And there must be some money to finance this? With 17million plus users?

2 Likes

@ALLMEDIALAB, see the following.

0 Likes

Where did you get this figure from?

1 Like

Sublime vs Atom: Comparison Summary

Atom Sublime Text
Cost $0 $70 (after trial)
Platforms Linux, Mac, Windows Linux, Mac, Windows
Age 6 years (since 2014) 12 years (since 2008)
Packages/Plugins 8,500+ 4,900+
Themes 2,900+ 170+
Security Open source Closed
Programmed Language Node JS and HTML C++ and Python
Core Contributors 63 ~3
Users 1+ million 17+ million
1 Like

Interesting, because I have quite the opposite feeling.

Have you tried to file in bug reports on GitHub?

On my record, stuff has been doing such an amazing job at resolving issues and introducing features which I request, that I finally decided (and saved money) to buy a dual license. Not to gain support and because I allegedly must to keep using it (that article is horseshit, tbh), but because I wanted to show my respect and support the development.

4 Likes

Huh, I still don’t understand if the company has a support service or not? People say no, but the site says that there is… I think there’s a mistake somewhere. I think that the Sublime text platform should have support service. After all, 17 million users are a vast number of people, and if people encounter problems, they will have no one to turn to. And this should not be… I have heard that many people have problems with paystub creators and that this is a common problem. Who, if not the developers, will help solve it?

0 Likes

See earlier post ^

0 Likes

I don’t know why the team doesn’t take on a Customer Service person. @OdatNurd answers a lot of questions too, but loads of questions go unanswered, there’s a lot of “Freshly Installed State” replies followed by nothing further.
I certainly see why those who pay for a license get upset (esp with the odd flamer on this site).
It just seems really weird, fine you’ve only got a few devs, pay one person for dedicated CS. Loads of the problems that ST has would go away, eg folks moaning about poor customer service and version “roll out disasters” and maybe some flamer control on this site (as it’s the only CS portal (?)).

I guess if ST is less than 4-5 devs then fair enough, but surely if the team is more than 5 ish there should be someone on CS. They took on a new dev a while back, no ? Surely it’s time to take on a CS person, I know who I’d recommend…

It’s been a good learning experience for me (partially in how to deal with extreme exasperation ! :crazy_face:) , but I’m learning, if I was a pro I can see why folks are less saguine…

0 Likes

However this looks like a good place to get stuff sorted too, just for anyone looking, thanks to @ratijas.

0 Likes

I guess if ST is less than 4-5 devs then fair enough, but surely if the team is more than 5 ish there should be someone on CS.

For reference the current Sublime Text team is 2 people.

0 Likes

Is Jon counted in?

0 Likes

No, not counting Jon :slight_smile:

0 Likes

So does that make it 3 ?
With 2 (or 3) folks that’s an amazing achievement, and this changes completely how I view my ST experience vastly. That is not an exageration. I just feel a bit more “sympathetic to the cause” as it were.

I think, if folks knew from the outset of their ST experience that the software house was only two people (three?), and as a consequence, that there wasn’t a formal CS department/process a lot of the bad feeling the ST occasionally generates would disappear …

Folks pay money, they expect a bit of “hand patting” (whether rightly or wrongly).

You can be honest and professional, the two aren’t mutally exclusive.

If it is indeed written by 2 (/3) (and 2 is 50% more impressive than three !) that is a totally incredible feat, WELL DONE !!

Lozminda :unicorn::skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes