Sublime Forum

Support Hebrew in RTL direction

Hi,

I try to install the Bidirectional text support for Sublime Text 3 from here
Did every thing the wrong menual say and nothing change.

Can you please tell me how to implement that so i can succfully type in hebrew?

0 Likes

RTL languages are currently not supported by our custom layout engine.

https://forum.sublimetext.com/search?q=RTL%20order%3Alatest will bring up results where you can read previous discussions.

0 Likes

Allready did that.
Its 4 years now, and yet this bug never fixed? Especially while it was worked before with kind of a fix.
Is that too much to ask?
Think on your future purchases how they increase when you open Sublime to the RTL people world.

0 Likes

Ok, so you are already aware of the state of RTL support.

There are many feature requests that are in the queue to be addressed. RTL is particularly tricky as it involves a significant rewrite of the core editor control to support complex text layout (CTL).

There are only two developers who work on Sublime Text, so we have to prioritize the combination of bug fixes, feature enhancements and significant changes (such as CTL). I also spend a fair amount of time engaging the community here on the forum and the various repositories and issue trackers.

As of right now, CTL hasn’t yet come to the front of the queue to address. I can confirm that CTL support will not be part of the 3.0 release.

4 Likes

How long will sublime text not respect the Arabic language?

Well, that’s too bad. I was consider recommand Sublime to my brother and his programmers team to purchase it, but i think if they dont have support in hebrew they will continue with Brackets and so (which i frankly hate).

1 Like