Sublime Forum

Support for official Apple's Text Expansion

Hi,

I’ve noticed my Apple’s Text Expansion are not triggering while using SublimeText (System Preferences > Keyboard > Text tab).
Would it be possible to support those?

0 Likes

someone else also asked about this here

I’m sure there is also another post somewhere where somebody replied it might be anti-helpful while coding, depending on the expansions/replacements defined, but I can’t find it atm

0 Likes

Hi @kingkeith, thanks for the reply.
Well, about being anti-helpful or not, that’s just a personal vision. A workflow is not the same depending people, and everyone adapt it to it’s need.
Asking for such a feature, doesn’t means it must be active all the time or even by default.

Sublime Text has enough preferences so one can be added and turned true/false by anyone.
Since Sublime Text is all about providing an insanely powerful tool for being fast at coding, I’m sure allowing Apple’s Text Expansion so some customers can even better enjoy it is really worth it.

2 Likes

Hi T, kk, et al

Just a few minutes ago, working on PDF documents, Prefs, Keyb, Shorcuts, Apps stopped working for an App. Check the entire system, no such shortcut provisions excepting mine truly.

Regardless, reset my shortcuts to something else, and they all started working again. Point is, Mojave has proved to be sloppy hanging onto user shortcuts for 3rd party, a few times here. ST being 3rd party, you might want to check out quick-and-easy reassignment that worked here.

For ST Mac’ers, further. Just before my shortcuts for 3rd party failed, 10.14.3 update notification. Would not be the first time OS preoccupation with security got sticky. Exploring Text Expansion", you might want to keep in mind that many systems and manydevices and many app-os interactions determine suitability of purpose. Suitability, being where T seems to be lingering.

0 Likes