Sublime Forum

Support for macOS native tabs

Hello!

How can I enable and try it? I saw that in build 1105 changelog.

0 Likes

Use the Window > New Tab menu item.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

0 Likes

The new tab feature is really nice but why does it not have any shortcut assign to it? (I was expecting the usual [cmd]+t).
At the moment it’s very difficult to fit it in a keyboard based workflow.

Thanks

1 Like

Cmd+t has been used since 2011, or longer for another feature in the app.

So far I haven’t found an application that has its own concept of tabs, but also supports macOS “window” tabs, and has them assigned to a shortcut.

0 Likes

Keep in mind that support for ‘macOS native tabs’ was added, not native tabs. They are effectively two windows within one with macOS styled tabs. Eventually native tabs will be added to Sublime Merge with the Cmd+t shortcut (see roadmap & this enhancement request)

Sublime Text (dev builds) has both. Here is a screenshot with both used: (‘tab 1’ & ‘tab 2’ are native & ‘other tabs’ is another set of tabs)

0 Likes

@srbs Thank you for the clarification. I was not really aware of the difference.

0 Likes

Could we get cmd+[ and cmd+]. Also the tab overview is usually triggered by cmd+, all 3 would be nice to have.

0 Likes

I can only speak of MacOS, but you can assign keyboard shortcuts to the menu items. I have Cntrl Alt [ and Cntrl Alt ] mapped to show previous and next tab menu items.

0 Likes