Sublime Forum

Suggest a change on fonts

Chinese characters have an ugly(maybe only in my opinion) default font when using English fonts.
If Sublime Text support different fonts similar to Microsoft Word, it may be better.
Just a suggest.

0 Likes

Hey Magolor, Mongolian name? I lived there 64,000 years ago according to my American DNA history, anyway…

I have even loaded the chinese lang blocks (3?) to check that UGLY English font, and you are right. It is ugly. But a nicer looking English segment of Chinese was developed in Hong Kong recently. Have you tried that version of Chinese code blocks. Be warned, they say a few characters are missing. Being Chinese, “a few” could mean several thousand. ~o_0~

I don’t speak or read Chinese, just curious about code blocks. Our digital universe in fact, may be too small to accommodate all that language has to offer. Yet, hope you find an English variant you like.

1 Like

Maybe I didn’t fully understand what you’ve said because of my poor English.(Or maybe I made you confused).
My meaning is 【under some Engish font, Chinese characters are ugly】.
I enjoy the font “Consolas” when coding, but further more, I use Sublime Text on txts, where I write things in Chinese.
There are many good Chinese fonts such as “YaHei”(my favorite), but Chinese characters in font “Consolas” are UGLY(???).
In other software such as Microsoft Word, it is allowed to use “Consolas” on English letters while “YaHei” on Chinese characters. Sublime Text does not support that.
Maybe there are some beautiful fonts but those aren’t what I want. I just want “Consolas” + “YaHei”. I guess it is a common demand among Chinese, some of us even made a new font : “YaHei Consolas Hybrid”, but this font can not handle Italic well.

By the way, Magolor is just my nickname online, not my real name. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Nah, it’s just him, he is on another plane or something.

SublimeText doesn’t support setting multiple fonts, but you should look around on the forum, it has been discussed before. E.g. Second font_face

There may be a more complete font out there that looks nice in both English and Chinese though?

1 Like

braver,
to make an english font, you download a free font editor and click template, poof! Magically it appears… with all 26 letters and sometimes ten numbers even! What is alphabet for me, that is 26,000 characters in Chinese. 26,000. How to learn them all? Develop beautiful appearance?

seriously need meditation, lots more mental vitamins, lots of patience… lots more understanding: like how to paste 10 characters without font editor crashing. Seems our software’s capacity is hugely challenged in the linguistic arena. All softwares?

Sleepy code time (nite-nite…

:sleeping:

1 Like

Thanks.
Yeah, same problems there(the link), but it seems that the problem haven’t been solved…

0 Likes

Well, Thanks for your helping.
Even better if I can understand your central meaning…

0 Likes