Sublime Forum

Sudden errors trying to type special characters with a german keyboard

For the long amount of time I have been using sublime text, I have been able to type ‘]’, ‘}’ and ‘’ perfectly fine without issues.

Now recently, it appears that trying to type those characters does nothing, because when I type them into an open text file or the find/replace input space, it does absolutely nothing.

I need to switch tabs into a web browser or anything else with text input to type the character and to copy/paste it into sublime text.

Why has sublime text stopped typing these characters all of the sudden?
What could I have done wrong for sublime text to not accept those characters?

(PS: I could set up command binds to force sublime text to type those characters (as I have seen from other posts), but I do not want to do that everytime I find out I can’t type a character I suddenly need and it has worked before without those commands so all I need to do is to find out what setting I changed that made sublime text behave that way. Also I am still able to type ‘ö’, ‘ä’ and ‘ü’ so I don’t think it is much of a keyboard layout issue.)

EDIT: I figured out what the issue was.
I installed RainbowBrackets and that disabled these characters for some reason!
Why that isn’t listed like at all I do not know but now I figured it out so that’s good.

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode: https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/safe_mode.html?

0 Likes

it works in safe mode

EDIT: Figured it out! Just don’t install some packages that disable those keys for some reason.

0 Likes