Sublime Forum

"Submodule isn't fully initialized"

Getting this message when hovering over a submodule. Cant do anything with my submodules. Cant view them and none of the commands seem to do anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes

Uninitialized submodules are a part of how git submodules work, you can read more about them here. Uninitialized means the submodule has not been added to your git config. You can fix this by running git submodule init <path> to initialize the submodule.

Did you use Sublime Merge to add the submodule or something else?

0 Likes

Sublime Merge of submodules is greatly lacking, one of the features that’s preventing me from recommending this tool to my bosses.

0 Likes

Sublime Merge should provide menu item to perform this step instead of telling users to go back into command line.

0 Likes

I agree, we should provide a menu item for this, which is why this issue is in our backlog. But would you rather I not tell users how to fix their current issues and instead have them wait til the next release?

0 Likes

I’ve looked into it and it looks like we’ve already got a menu item for it.

0 Likes

What I found great is that I can add items to the command palette or context menus but since in the command palette I can’t see a way to take a user input to be able to form the command that I want to execute, I’m not able to perform operations on specific items (e.g. submodules) of the repos.

0 Likes