Sublime Forum

Sublimetextwiki

hi i hope steve sees this…

couple of comments about the plug-in site (www.sublimetextwiki.com):

1. the zipped packages contains the .svn folder which imo shouldn’t be part of the package
  2. it would be nice if a download meter was shown on each package, or maybe even one for all the download…
0 Likes

Hi, Vim. I’m not really working on the wiki at the moment – in fact, a few days ago I asked Jon if he wanted to take it over, or take the code or the packages. I don’t really have time to work on it. If Jon doesn’t want the domain, and the community can figure out who should take it over, I’ll transfer the domain name over. The scripts are already public, in the repo under /wiki, so the actual build scripts are already available for viewing.

That’s true. I’m not quite sure how to make this work; I’m getting everything from subversion with a subversion update, but tried to strip it out in the command line for zips; I’m trying something like;

cd <packageFileFolder> # includes all files including svn zip -r <zipBuildPath> . -x -q *.svn* # hoped to strip .svn files

If anyone can spot what I’ve done wrong, please let me know. The source is in the repo, at /wiki/cgi/makeSublimePackages.py, in the zipDirectory() function.

Right now the download links are simple hyperlinks, and the download pages are static, so it’s a fair bit of rework to do this. If Jon doesn’t want to take control of the wiki, and someone else wants to take over development, I think this is their first job :wink:

0 Likes

zip -r <zipBuildPath> . -q -x "*.svn*" # wrap your pattern with double quotes
0 Likes

Fixed

0 Likes

The renewal is coming up on sublimetextwiki.com, and I’m not going to renew it this year. That means the domain will be disappearing from the net in March. I don’t have the time to maintain it.

If anyone wants to take over the domain, please give me a shout at (unscramble) steve a t stev e c ooper do t org (end). I’ll send you the authcode so that you can take control of the domain. Obviously, names I recognise (like Jon or Nick) will get first pick.

The domain will need to be transferred by the end of february.

All relevant scripts for the site are already checked into the repo, so it should be easy to recreate the site on a unix machine with some basic utilities like python scripting, zip and svn.

0 Likes

Hi Steve,

I can take it over if you like. How much bandwidth do you go through in a month so I know I have enough though?

0 Likes

The wiki has been moved to the GoggleCode hosting site. The url to the index page is:
sublime-text-community-packages. … index.html

The domain url (sublimetextwiki.com) has been updated to redirect to this location, but you still have to manually click on the index.html file to view the page, since the redirect doesn’t support links to pages, just folders.

0 Likes

How much is the renewal fee for the domain? I’m interested in setting up a proper Wiki and site for the domain.

0 Likes

The domain has been renewed and redirects to the GoogleCode wiki (where the SVN repo is hosted). It has a pretty solid Wiki that is provided by GoggleCode hosting, and the hosting is completely free. I think it makes most sense to keep it all in one place. I plan on doing some minor refurbishing to the site in order to tie it into the GC wiki though. Thanks for the offer to help though! Please feel free to assist by writing some plugins though…

Greg

0 Likes