Sublime Forum

SublimeMerge GPG signature removed on commit message editing

Hi, I want to report a problem.

If I have GPG stuff set up

$ git config -l | grep gpg
gpg.program=/usr/local/bin/gpg
commit.gpgsign=true
tag.gpgsign=true

and I commit using SublimeMerge, in git log --show-signature I see that the commit is signed.

If I then edit that commit in SublimeMerge with “edit commit message” action then the new commit is not signed.

0 Likes

Same config, same problem here.

It wouldn’t hurt if the interface could also display a “Verified”-like badge just like GitHub (GPG Signed).

1 Like

This will be fixed with the next release

0 Likes

Did this issue get resolved? Also, is there any type of label or indicator for signed commits in the tool?

0 Likes

This has been fixed in the latest dev build, though we’ve still got some issues on macOS which should get resolved shortly. The label you’re asking for is also already in the latest dev build.

1 Like

Is it possible to add some visual feedback for signed commits in the commits history?
E.g. a background colour for the author name, or an icon near it.

0 Likes

I’m not so sure that that’s a practical idea. Verifying commit signatures requires forking the processes per commit, and doing the actual verification is quite cpu intensive (and not very fast).

0 Likes

Valid points, indeed.

How about:

• one way to show that there is a signature or not (good enough for 99% of my workflow)
  • after navigating to a particular commit and checking if the signature is valid or not, cache this info and use it in the commit tree

How long the signature validity should be cached, it depends (e.g. not sure how to check for keyring updates, or if we should check at all).

0 Likes