Sublime Forum

Sublimelinter html-tidy

Recently switched over to SublimeText 3. I’m trying to get html linting working, but I’m quite confuzzled. I did search these forums, most of the posts I see are at least 3 or 4 years old, and I imagine somethings have changed since then.

This is my work machine. A managed Windows 7 laptop – so I don’t have complete access to everything. Here is what is working.

I’ve used Package Control to install Sublimelinter. I’ve also installed npm and the everything to get csslint and jshint working. I used the directions on github for csslint and jshint.

However when it comes to html-tidy I’m completely lost.

The readme looks like it hasn’t been updated in some time and links to the stable and experimental html5 versions. Neither of which look like they are actually the right thing. I did find the html-tidy site and I did download the zip package, but there isn’t an installer. So where do I put the files?

When I check the console I see the following warning.

SublimeLinter: WARNING: htmltidy deactivated, cannot locate ''

I think between the single quotes it should say what it is looking for, but it doesn’t say anything.

Can anyone help with actual directions for how to get html linting working with sublimelinter on a Windows PC. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi, I have a mac, and html-tidy works fine for me after installing, maybe this might help?

http://clubmate.fi/how-to-configure-sublimelinter/

0 Likes