Sublime Forum

SublimeBrackets

This allows you to customize brackets, requires Sublime Text 2 Build 2108 or higher.

GitHub
Project: github.com/pyparadigm/SublimeBrackets
Direct Download: github.com/pyparadigm/SublimeBr … all/master

Screenshot
https://github.com/pyparadigm/SublimeBrackets/raw/master/ssexample.png

0 Likes

Parenthesis Color?

You just made oriceon very happy.

0 Likes

Fantastic! But please don’t make us edit source code to change options, you should be using self.view.settings().get() to read the user options.

0 Likes

This is pretty excellent! I changed mine to make it bail after scouting for a ways because otherwise when I go into a namespace or other large block it hangs something awful.
I wonder if there’s a way to use the built-in match brackets command to speed things up—not sure how you’d do that, though, because it affects the selection and view.

0 Likes

:laughing:

0 Likes

I am going to look into that and change it over.

[quote=“adzenith”]This is pretty excellent! I changed mine to make it bail after scouting for a ways because otherwise when I go into a namespace or other large block it hangs something awful.
I wonder if there’s a way to use the built-in match brackets command to speed things up—not sure how you’d do that, though, because it affects the selection and view.[/quote]

Can you upload some example text to pastebin(etc) that produces this?

0 Likes

I think I’m in love with you. srsly.

0 Likes

fuckin’ awesome!

Thanks man! You rock!

Can we have a paypal email please? :wink:

// edit:
how can i add a background color to the bracket?

0 Likes

Thanks for your greate work.

I`m upset for that kind of posts:

As iamntz said i want this too

0 Likes

Hehe. Maybe he’ll finally stop spamming the forums…

0 Likes

Joking aside, this is a very nice plugin. Works well with languages that use brackets, but doesn’t seem to work with languages like python use indentation…

Nevertheless, excellent work. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello @pyparadigm.

Thanks a lot for this plugin, im with the latest version from github, and im this problem in sublime console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./sublime_plugin.py”, line 147, in on_selection_modified
File “./SublimeBrackets.py”, line 41, in on_selection_modified
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘views’

0 Likes

Please make the configuration options in the user file preferences, that would be better than edit the source code of the plugin

0 Likes

[quote=“pyparadigm”]This allows you to customize brackets, requires Sublime Text 2 Build 2108 or higher.

GitHub
Project: github.com/pyparadigm/SublimeBrackets
Direct Download: github.com/pyparadigm/SublimeBr … all/master

Screenshot
https://github.com/pyparadigm/SublimeBrackets/raw/master/ssexample.png[/quote]

How did you get those indent guides dotted???

0 Likes

Those are the new default guides :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“pyparadigm”]
Can you upload some example text to pastebin(etc) that produces this?[/quote]

Here: pastebin.com/6apiNHyq
I just made some brackets and put a bunch of junk inside. Notice how it chugs when you change the selection.

0 Likes

Hi all!

This is a really cool and usefull plugin, and after testing it I have some possible improvements / questions:

• With large files it relentizes a lot the editor :frowning: I think in files with more than 100 lines aprox. it starts to be really slowly. I don’t know if it will be solved in future versions or if it’s not possible.

• It’s possible to have some easy way to have something like an ‘extensions blacklist’ where put some extensions where don’t execute the plugin? It would be really nice, because in my case I have really long css files but smaller templates. And where I find really usefull this plugin is with the templates files.

Thanks!!

0 Likes

So I set my config to the same as your example, but all my dots/arrows look like screencast.com/t/WRZ0GPKf do you have idea why?

Many thanks

0 Likes

[quote=“ceej”]So I set my config to the same as your example, but all my dots/arrows look like screencast.com/t/WRZ0GPKf do you have idea why?

Many thanks[/quote]

I upgraded from dev 2112 to 2113 and started experiencing that problem too, for bracket’s sake i’m back at 2112 :smile:

0 Likes

This is a bug in 2113 that is now fixed in 2114.

0 Likes