Sublime Forum

Sublime[Version 3.0 Build 3143] exits when large text file of above 300Mb is opened, and content clicked

Hello Team,

I was trying to view one or my error log file which was above 300MB. File is opened by sublime but when I click any ot the text content within it sublime editors exits without any error reporting or warning.

Let me know if sublime team generates some error log in system, so that issue could be addressed.

Sublime Version 3.0 Build 3143

0 Likes

I think that’s related to some plugin you’ve installed. Can you provide the list of installed plugins?

Open Command Palette › Preferences: Package Control Settings - User and paste your "installed_packages".

0 Likes

Thanks for Quick reply,

Below are the list of packages plugins installed.

{
“bootstrapped”: true,
“in_process_packages”:
[
],
“installed_packages”:
[
“Alignment”,
“BracketHighlighter”,
“DocBlockr”,
“Emmet”,
“GitSavvy”,
“LsBookmarks”,
“Package Control”,
“PHP Syntax Checker”,
“php-snippets”,
“PlainTasks”,
“ShellCommand”,
“SideBarEnhancements”,
“Simple FTP Deploy”,
“Sublime Bookmarks”,
“SublimeLinter”,
“SublimeLinter-php”,
“SublimeLinter-phpcs”,
“SublimeLinter-phplint”,
“WinMerge”,
“Xdebug Client”
]
}

Some of them are disabled and enabled used one are in below screen shot.

0 Likes

Do you open file locally or from network drive?

0 Likes

I open file locally.

0 Likes

as you are on Windows, it should create a crash dump file in your ST installation folder, which you can open with something like Visual Studio. However, it normally doesn’t say anything other than

The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

You should definitely try without any of those packages enabled

0 Likes

Ok, I’ve just tested on fresh install and with your packages, everything works as expected.

File: log.txt with dummy text ~300MB

Have you applied some syntax for your log files?

0 Likes

Hello ihodev,

There is no snytax, its a php error_log file generated by apache and php. Let me disable all plugins and check. Will let you know results over here.

0 Likes

Hmm, maybe try to close ST and remove the %localappdata%\Sublime Text 3 directory?

0 Likes

I tried disabling all packages but still not working, After file open and we click into it, sublime exits.

0 Likes

I can confirm that your problem is not related to any package you’ve installed. Try to clear ST cache and repeat one more time.

0 Likes

Thanks Ihodev,

Deleting the data from local folder worked, Now sublime is properly working and not exiting on clicks

1 Like

Hooray! :tada:

0 Likes