Sublime Forum

Sublime Text won't open on MacOS (CPS)

Hi!

Since this morning, I don’t even know why since I didn’t update the App or the OS, Sublime Text will suddenly not open anymore nor by the Finder or the CLI.
Sans%20titre
Build is 4143 and macOS version is 12.6.3 (21G419) [Apple M1 Max]
:boom: Dev Build 4148 also the same
But v3 Build 3211 seems OK :frowning:

Here are some errors:
cps: denying sublime text the right to be in front because securetextinput is active and this process doesn't have secure text mode enabled, and this request was not caused by user activity

I tried to clean up the permission, and so on, reboot, and this is the only App that suddenly stopped works (safe mode is not able to open either : it flashes a window and quit at once each time).

Prompting policy for hardened runtime; service: kTCCServiceCalendar requires entitlement com.apple.security.personal-information.calendars but it is missing for accessing={<TCCDProcess: identifier=com.sublimetext.4, pid=21694, auid=507, euid=507, binary_path=/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_text>}, requesting={<TCCDProcess: identifier=com.apple.mds, pid=364, auid=0, euid=0, binary_path=/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mds>},

Prompting policy for hardened runtime; service: kTCCServiceAppleEvents requires entitlement com.apple.security.automation.apple-events but it is missing for accessing={<TCCDProcess: identifier=com.sublimetext.4, pid=21694, auid=507, euid=507, binary_path=/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_text>}, requesting={<TCCDProcess: identifier=com.apple.appleeventsd, pid=544, auid=55, euid=55, binary_path=/System/Library/CoreServices/appleeventsd>},

Prompting policy for hardened runtime; service: kTCCServiceAddressBook requires entitlement com.apple.security.personal-information.addressbook but it is missing for accessing={<TCCDProcess: identifier=com.sublimetext.4, pid=21694, auid=507, euid=507, binary_path=/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_text>}, requesting={<TCCDProcess: identifier=com.apple.mds, pid=364, auid=0, euid=0, binary_path=/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mds>},

Could I get help with this? A fresh download Sublime Text App give the same results…
Trying to open it with Rosetta doesn’t resolve the situation.

Clean library too…
I saw on the web that other apps suffered the same behavior in the past.

Thanks,

Regards,

Séb

0 Likes

Does it launch in safe mode?

0 Likes

Hello, as I said above, no. Not even in safe mode… I’m so stuck.

0 Likes

The only real info I can find is that it’s likely an issue with your configuration of the hardened runtime. Perhaps some permissions have been blocked?

0 Likes

Thanks! But I already had reset all permissions. So since then every application asks me again every permission needed, but it didn’t allow Sublime Text to be launched again (asked me access to the Desktop so I granted it). As I also said, I cleaned Library files without any result.

0 Likes

I found this article : https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/configuring-the-hardened-runtime
And this too : https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/hardened_runtime
Dev talks :

some more here:

doesn’t looks like something I can handle, right?
Possible to patch ASAP please?

More details again: https://ishaangandhi.medium.com/sending-applescript-events-from-electron-app-18dc1b7d7a51

0 Likes

$ codesign -d --entitlements - "/Applications/Sublime Text.app"
Executable=/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_text
Should have some missing dict here, no?

$ codesign -dv -r- /Applications/Sublime\ Text.app

Identifier=com.sublimetext.4
Format=app bundle with Mach-O universal (x86_64 arm64)
CodeDirectory v=20500 size=136253 flags=0x10000(runtime) hashes=4251+3 location=embedded
Signature size=9067
Timestamp=13 Mar 2023 at 23:24:04
Info.plist entries=17
TeamIdentifier=Z6D26JE4Y4
Runtime Version=11.4.0
Sealed Resources version=2 rules=13 files=79
designated => identifier "com.sublimetext.4" and anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = Z6D26JE4Y4
0 Likes

I’m so disappointed; I updated to macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68) (I did not want to) and it is not helpful at all!
Damned!
Why could not I use Sublime Text anymore :frowning:

I’ll need to open an issue
Please~~

0 Likes

Same problem here. Started today, and could not wrap my head around it for a couple of hours.

1 Like

Hey I’m not sure there is the same root cause here, but I’ve been detecting a very similar issue lately (Sublime Text closes unexpectedly, and re-opening causes it to immediately close). This happens to me when working on SMB/NFS shares.

Have you tried to delete “Auto Save Session.sublime_session” and “Session.sublime_session” files in “~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text/Local”. This took back Sublime Text for me to use, although I really have to avoid working on remote folders now.

0 Likes

No share by my side and removing preferences (~/Library/…) didn’t help at all… unfortunately :frowning:

0 Likes

Does it open and then crash? This happened to me when trying to use the latest version. I installed an older version and it works fine. I’m currently using version 4126, maybe try that one.

0 Likes

Yes, as you could see, it opens then crashes. I’ve been trying with old version too but only v3 will success as mentioned upper.

0 Likes

Since today, after an upgrade to macOS 13.3 (22E252) yesterday, I found the app opens correctly again.
I’ll make more checks and tests.
So it could means Apple changed something again and again ?

0 Likes