Sublime Forum

Sublime Text text rendering warped, squished

When logging into macOS from the lock screen state when the Sublime Text window is restored to it’s previous position the text is warped, squished, stretched.

I have attached a screen shot to attempt to better explain the issue.

Cheers,

0 Likes

Does it still happen if you disable hardware acceleration? If so can you provide the OpenGL context information from the console as well as information about the hardware you’re using?

0 Likes

Did not realise hardware acceleration was the default for macOS. Source

I disabled it and will keep an eye on this one and update if it happens again.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion on disabling hardware acceleration as a means for debugging.

Not surprisingly I do continue to see this issue in both Sublime Text and Sublime Merge while hardware acceleration is enabled. I would like to continue to rely on the HA feature. Is this a known bug with HA? Is a fix prioritised?

@bschaaf fyi

FWIW my OS environment details:

macOS Monterey 12.4 (21F79)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

Apple M1 Pro

0 Likes

We’re unable to replicate the issue on our end (Monterey 12.4, M1 Air). Does the scaling reset when you resize the window? If you click with the mouse does it behave as if it wasn’t squished?

0 Likes

It is a difficult one to replicate on command. I find I see this issue after resuming my machine from a suspended or locked state.

One additional detail, I often use an external monitor with the Mac in clamshell mode.

Yes once I resize the window the scaling issue resolves itself.

I have not tried clicking any of the content. Will keep this one in mind next time.

0 Likes