Sublime Forum

Sublime Text does not restore windows to correct workspace/desktop after restarting

I use the Spaces and Mission Control features on macOS which allows you to put application windows on multiple virtual desktops that you can switch between. I often have a different virtual desktop for each software project I am working on and have a different Sublime Text window for each desktop.

When I restart Sublime Text (or my entire computer), all the Sublime Text windows that were previously on different desktops reopen clustered together on the current desktop rather than restoring to the correct desktop that each one was on before. This requires me to manually move the reopened Sublime Text windows to the correct desktops.

It would be nice if Sublime Text would restore its windows to the correct desktop after restart so that I don’t have to do that myself manually.

I would like to bring this feature request or bugfix to the attention of the Sublime Text core developers, since it doesn’t appear that Sublime Text is open source. If it was open source I might be able to fix the issue myself since I am an engineer.

There appears to be an issue on the unofficial bug tracker tracking this same request but it does not appear to be triaged since it lacks any labels or responses from a Sublime maintainer. What would be the most effective way to bring this issue to the attention of someone who could fix it?

2 Likes

Sublime Text does not restore windows to proper desktop/workspace

I have the very same problem. This is very annoying.

0 Likes

Very same problem. Agree, super annoying.

0 Likes