Sublime Forum

Sublime Text does not open a new empty window when started in macOS Sierra

When I start sublime (build 3126) in Sierra I see the window opening and closing on screen very quickly. Thus I always have to click the sublime icon in the dock twice. This seems to happen only when sublime is ‘empty’ though, i.e. no files were left open in the side bar.

0 Likes

ST3 Doesn't open first time (Mac)
ST3 Doesn't open first time (Mac)

I’m planning on looking into this shortly. I believe it is an interaction between close_windows_when_empty and the initialization of an empty buffer when starting up “clean”.

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same problem. Any updates about this issue?

Other people are referencing to this problem here:

0 Likes

Hi,

I’m also wondering if there is any update on this issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes

I’m experiencing the same on Sierra 10.12.2 …

[UPDATE]
Settings "close_windows_when_empty": false in the user settings solved the issue on El Captain …
It may solve it on Sierra too.

2 Likes

Good catch. This solved the issue on Sierra.

0 Likes

You 'da man!

Works on Sierra too.

0 Likes

Yes, this does fix this issue.

@wbond

What’s weird: if I remove the setting afterwards or even if I set it to true, it still works…

0 Likes

Yes, this was one of the things I intended to look into for the last dev build, but I ended up focusing on a number of other things. I still am planning on looking into this and getting it resolved.

0 Likes

I had this trouble too so I disabled close_windows_when_empty. This function should apply only when we close a tab, not when sublime text doesn’t have an tab, because it triggers this when opening the app.

0 Likes

Fixed for me as well, Sierra 10.12.5

0 Likes

This was fixed in build 3132, FYI.

0 Likes