Sublime Forum

Sublime Text build 4152 for Windows flagged as malicious

I’m a long time owner of Sublime Text and use it on Windows and Linux. It’s my number one text editor, thank you for such a great product.

I saw build 4152 was released last week and was eager to install it on my various platforms. But I noticed VirusTotal is flagging the Windows installer as malicious, see results here: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/542bba3990a71b24e79130f91708fd6ed0847744d447823cbf1f542bae68fa4f

I know there are often false alarms when it comes to installers but just wanted to bring it to someone’s attention. Is this something we need to be concerned about?

Thanks!

0 Likes

0 Likes

I’m downloading it from sublimetext.com and checked the signature. Yes same here, Windows Defender does NOT detect anything.

0 Likes

Then I’d say it’s a false positive.

0 Likes

I’m sure it’s a false positive, but just a heads up that I’m also experiencing Sublime Text and Merge getting flagged, but by Windows Defender and so are a couple of other people I work with.

I only experience this on my work computer, and don’t have any issues on my home one, despite running Windows Defender on both of them. Very weird/dumb behaviour on Defender’s part. I spoke to a network admin and they said that Defender is complaining about the signature, even though I can’t find any evidence of a problem using either signtool or DigiCert Certificate Utility.

0 Likes