Sublime Forum

Sublime text Arduino

Just installed the Stino plugin but almost every item in the Arduino menu is grayed out. I have an UNO plugged in but i cannot select the board, i cannot change the default sketch directory etc etc… Anyone have any experience with this plugin that can tell me what im doing wrong?

0 Likes

did you set up the arduino folder in stino’s settings?

0 Likes

well all menu items are grayed out so i went searching for the settings file and modified it by hand. it made no difference. IT defaulted to using ~/Arduino so i copied all my projects and libraries into there. Still no projects or libraries available in ST3. All menu items still grayed out.

why is “s ket c h” a banned word?

0 Likes

so can anyone tell me why 100% of the arduino menus are grayed out for me?

0 Likes

either the actual plugin was not able to load or something similar. please check the console [CTRL]`]

also you don’t need your projects in arduino path but the toolchain used for compilation, so please provide it the proper path

0 Likes

how?

i see no documentation on config file format or config file location and “all menus are grayed out”.

0 Likes

Hello,
I have the same problem. The console says:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./threading.py", line 901, in _bootstrap_inner
  File "./threading.py", line 858, in run
  File "/home/elie/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/Stino/stino/pyarduino/base/serial_listener.py", line 44, in update
  File "/home/elie/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/Stino/stino/main.py", line 498, in update_serial_info
  File "/home/elie/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/Stino/stino/st_menu.py", line 370, in create_serials_menu
  File "/home/elie/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/Stino/stino/st_menu.py", line 154, in write_menu
  File "/home/elie/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/Stino/stino/st_menu.py", line 39, in __init__
IndexError: list index out of range

However I managed to make it work somehow. If I copy the stino directory in the packages directory and then I start Sublime Text, the stino directory is moved to the User directory, and all the menu items are grayed out. Now if I copy again the stino directory in the packages directory while keeping Sublime Text open, the Arduino menu becomes available and stino is usable normally. However, at the next startup of Sublime Text, I don’t know why but the stino directory is removed from the packages and the menu is all grayed out again.

0 Likes

how can i add a shortcut to the “Arduino” menu option?

Answer:
github.com/Robot-Will/Stino/blo … ime-keymap

0 Likes

Hello,

I would like to use Sublime Text 3 as Editor for Arduino Code under Ubuntu 14.04.
I installed Stino Plug-in. It works if I choose Arduino 1.0.5 - but does not work with 1.6.5 (everything gets rayed out).
I already deleted the package-metadata.json file => no luck.

Does anyone uses 1.6.5 and Sublime-Text + Stino and/or has a hint for me to get it working?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Assuming you encounter the same problems as @elaye, this is a bug in the plugin 's code. You should report this to the package’s repository.

0 Likes

Hi,

I am using it on windows 7 with 1.6.5 and got it working by simply initializing some variables in the getKeywordListFromFile function in the file base.py.
I added:

keyword_name = ''
	keyword_type = ''
	keyword_ref = ''

at the beginning of the function and now the menu items are no longer grayed out.

Hope this helps…

0 Likes

I have got most areas working just fine with simple installation on ST 3 but in compiling/verifying I am getting one error /Users/jrdale/Desktop/Arduino-1.66.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-ar: {archive_file_path}: Permission denied"

ST is seeing the Arduino board OK and all areas under the Arduino tab are black not grey, so one small error, not sure where to go on the Mac to give permission here!! JD

0 Likes

Most of the problems of stino are related to the plugin itself, I invite you to try this plugin with similar functions but with less problems and better support (stino isn’t supported anymore)

0 Likes

Thx–I will give it a try. It is installing and so slow with platformio installing now.

0 Likes

yes, it may take a while downloading and installing some things the first time, but it’s only once.

0 Likes

It has been on the “installing platform…” for over two hours at this point!! Should I give up???

0 Likes

@jrd210 sorry for the delay, today I’ve pushed a fix for this problem in osx

0 Likes

Thanks the update is working fine.

0 Likes

All errors are coming from your extracted zip file, ensure that all the files and folders are available under Stino-Stino-Dev folder only, not Stino-Stino-Dev/Stino-Stino-Dev folder.

0 Likes