Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 4151 - can't open old projects

I did the auto-upgrade to 4151 and now when I go to the Project menu, despite the projects being listed, clicking to open one does nothing. Any ideas? Is there a cache or something I need to clear, or is it “just broken”?

Mike

0 Likes

What OS/version are you using? Sounds similar to Sublime Text 4151 upgrade breaks the app on macOs 10.13.6?

0 Likes

Sorry, yes, that would be helpful wouldn’t it. Windows 11, up-to-date.

0 Likes

Do you see any errors in the console (View > Show Console)?

0 Likes

Let’s see…

“Ignoring invalid workspace filepath.sublime-workspace”

0 Likes

That means the workspace either reading the workspace file failed or its invalid JSON.

0 Likes

It was definitely working before the upgrade. :frowning: I guess I could downgrade…

0 Likes

Downgraded to 4143, still happening. This is unhelpful. All my snippets have stopped working, too.

0 Likes

Ahhh… Looks like all the project files have actually been deleted. Because they were stored in the Program Files folder of Sublime Text. I guess the upgrade deleted everything and started again? Just a guess though.

0 Likes

Program files is not a place to store personal files. When updating ST deleted everything in that folder to replace it with the new version.

0 Likes

Oh, fair enough. I was thinking it was just an easy place to keep and backup from. I have learned my lesson! :wink: Thanks for explaining.

1 Like