Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 4 package control issue

Hi, in Sublime Text 4169 when I do shift apple p I only see View Package File and Preferences: Browse Packages in the menu, I no longer see install package, etc. wondering how I can fix this?

0 Likes

In case Package Control 3 is still installed, it does no longer work on current MacOS versions due to OpenSSL upgrades.

You then may need to install Package Control 4 manually.

See: https://github.com/wbond/package_control/issues/1612

0 Likes

Tried that and it doesn’t seem to work. Do I need to uninstall package control 3 first? How can I troubleshoot this?

0 Likes

Package names haven’t changed, so new Package Control.sublime-package should just overwrite the old one.

0 Likes

I am on MacOS Monterey. If I overwrite the old one and am still having trouble what else can I try?

0 Likes

Maybe some useful information are printed to ST’s console, which could help narrow down the root cause. Also make sure to remove any Packages/Package Control folder as its content may override the package file.

0 Likes

Seems like it is working now. Must be a computer restart was the missing step.

1 Like

I stumbled over this, or a similar issue this week.

Package Control had been added to the ignored_packages key in the settings (Preferences.sublime-settings). Removing the entry for package control caused this to resolve itself after 2 more application restarts.

Possibly related thread, at least the later responses: No Package Control after updating to Sublime Text 4?

0 Likes