Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 4 freezes for a few minutes on code lookup

After the last update (maybe 2 now) sublime text 4 freezes when ever I mouse over a function which triggers a lookup on what the function does. I am not sure what I need to do to fix the issue, but it is starting to really slow work down. I am currently using a package for coldfusion that tells me what the function does and the variables associated to it.

I have already tried to reinstall sublime text 4. But beyond that I do not know what else to check.

edit: Changed version to 4 instead of 3.

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

I ran it a bit in Safemode and it has not frozen like it normally does. So, what is the next steps?

0 Likes

I spoke to soon. It is still stalling for a few minutes.

0 Likes

Closer observation of what is happening: If I rapidly move the mouse (usually during scrolling) over a function it freezes for a few minutes. So it seems like there maybe an issue with the mouse over trigger moving in and out fast? If I mouse over, it performs normally. It only occurs when I am moving along quickly.

0 Likes

What’s your indexing status? You can check under Help > Indexing Status….

0 Likes

indexing [job 71]: spawning 1 workers to process 1 files
indexing [job 71]: indexed 1 files in 0.444933s
index “xxxxxx” updated in 7.7e-05s with 1 new and 0 removed files
index “xxxxxx” is using 3677131 bytes for 8597 symbols across 294336 locations

0 Likes

I made a version mistake. I am using Sublime Text 4.

0 Likes

Which exact version of ST4 are you using? You can check in Help > About. What Operating System are you using?

0 Likes

Windows 10, using the 4169 build.

I know it started happening with 4166. I remember when the download update popped up I was hoping it fixed the issue.

0 Likes

I went back thru and did some testing. I downloaded the portable versions: 4169, 4151, 4151 and copied my roaming folder for sublime text 4 into the folders. each one is doing the same thing. Do the updates affect the roaming folder? Or could it be there is a problem with my windows 10 system?

0 Likes

Ok, I have done more testing and have come to this. I work on a laptop. When I am at home, I am hooked up to a second monitor thru HDMI. So I have my laptop screen and my larger desktop screen. I use Sublime on the 2nd monitor. And I have 0 problems.

Now when I disconnect and go on the road, I am just on my single display. And that is when the stalling and freezing occurs. And just as an FYI, I did a clean portable build with JUST cfml package loaded, and it still freezes.

0 Likes