Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 KIO support (Possibility to save remote files directly with ST3)

I recently tried to migrate from Gnome to KDE5. I kinda like the DE, but I have one big issue:

I used to mount remote folders (FTP or sFTP) with the default file manager, with Dolphin in this case. Dolphin uses KIO, which is the equivalent of GVFS, but it is mainly supported only by K apps. If it is not supported, then KIO subsystem copies the file to local tmp folder, opens that in ST, and when you edit and save it, it uploads back to the remote folder. Well, this is not working with Sublime Text 3 right now. It just simply downloads the file, opens it in ST3, but if you save the file, it won’t be uploaded back to remote.

I am on Manjaro, everything is up-to-date, ST3 is the latest version.

I would be more than happy to get a working KIO-subsystem support in ST3 - is that possible? If not, at least a working workaround would be more than welcome. It would really hurt to replace ST3 in my workflow.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

Does the upload specifically happen when the file is edited or when the launched editor process (sublime text) exits?

If it’s the latter, you’ll want to launch ST with the -w parameter and probably -n also.

2 Likes

In theory the upload should start after the process is closed (to be honest, does not seem the best concept).

The -w solved the issue: after closing the ST3 window, the system asks if I want to upload the file back. Thank you!

0 Likes