Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 freezing immediately after launch

Hi experienced Sublime Text folk!

I’ve done something unusual and now Sublime Text freezes after opening. It is automatically opening two windows which contain several files, some of which may have moved since it was last closed correctly.

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Sublime Text, but the same files open. Is there something I can do to make Sublime Text forget about past files, and just open?

Thanks in advance,

James

0 Likes

You’d need to remove the Session.sublime_session from the Data/Local folder. Make sure NOT to delete your license file, which is located there, too.

The location of the Data folder depends on your OS and setup.

0 Likes

Thanks deathaxe!

On Ubuntu the files were here:

cd /home/$USER/.config/sublime-text-3/Local/

On Windows 10, they are here:

C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Local

Deleting Auto Save Session.sublime_session and Session.sublime_session resolved the problem.

Cheers!

0 Likes

The following solutions above work (by deleting local/autosave sessions), however, your sites/projects and quick switch projects list will be deleted as well and you’ll have to re-add them manually again.

What worked for me was just dragging a small html file or something on to the sublime text icon so that it opens with this file first, rather than the file/search results it froze on.

Then just click the “X” on the tabs that were causing ST3 to freeze.

0 Likes