Sublime Forum

Sublime TExt 3 - files history... other users can see what files are you opening

Other users can see your sublime 3 session file and see what are you working on, but ALSO what files have you opened.

Is there an option to not make any history (but keep the session) - so not ALL opened files will be listed, but only those your session is working with.

It would be a nice option. I’m a linux user, you can find sublime session at:
~/.config/sublime-text-3/Local/Session.sublime_session

0 Likes

Do you and other users share the same OS login account? Otherwise I think you can just set permission bits of that file to 600 (or more aggressively only allow your account to read your home dir)?

3 Likes

Thanks for fast reply, “Do you and other users share the same OS login account?” - yes, and that is why I have this problem.

An option in sublime to always forget files (and maybe option - another one, to forget session too) history would be nice to solve that problem.

0 Likes

You can use the setting "hot_exit*: false in order to not have Sublime Text remember which files/folders it had open.

0 Likes

@bschaaf it does not work.

I have edit:
/home/X/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
and add:
“hot_exit”: false

user can still see the whole sublime session…

0 Likes

It’s set to true by default, you need to set it to false in order to not remember the open files.

0 Likes

lol… good catch! it is working now. However the “file_history”: can still be seen.

0 Likes

There’s no way to prevent that unless you fully clear the session after using Sublime Text.

0 Likes

@bschaaf ok, and how to do that? I must manually delete the file with session stored? Or there is some command for that?

0 Likes

There’s no command for that, you’d need to delete the file from a plugin, with a script or manually.

0 Likes

Yea but I just notice that when you delete session file and you are using sublime with “hot_exit”: false option - “file_history”: in session file ( ~/.config/sublime-text-3/Local/Session.sublime_session) is not populated. So this does fix my issue. Thanks you for your help!

0 Likes