Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 Development

Is STv3-dev still been developed? I haven’t see any new dev version since Oct/2019. At least post some news in your blog at (https://www.sublimetext.com/blog/) about progress of development or why its been paused. Please keep your clients/users informed.

0 Likes

No updates of Sublime Text 3 for 1 year already?

because ST 4 is under active dev I believe, but I am not a staff.

1 Like

Than can staff please post some news on v4 ? Everyone is in the dark O_o

1 Like

Join the Discord. Devs are pretty active on there. We get all the information on the new ST4 builds in the announcement channel.

If you own an ST3 licence you can even use the ST4 builds. I have been using ST4 for the past 2 months and it is really nice. We get new builds roughly every other week. There is now a version checker and updater build in ST as well.

BTW we have been calling it ST4, but the official name is just ST. They are sort of removing the version numbering.

1 Like

@dewm_solo, I do not use Discord. Maybe you could update website or blog properly!?

0 Likes

They’ve stated it’ll be updated on public websites when they want to expose it to a wider audience. They are purposely keeping the user base small right now until they feel it is ready for the mainstream public.

It is not something they have forgotten to do, but it is a decision they have purposely made. I imagine they don’t want to advertise it until they feel it is stable/ready enough.

Personally, it wouldn’t surprise me if the new M1 Macs accelerate ST4 going public beta sooner though (once they get that working). This is of course just my guess.

Currently it is only available via Discord. Whether you choose to use Discord or not is up to you.

2 Likes