Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 Could not open folders

Hi ,

I have this issue for quite a few months and haven’t found a good solution.
Thanks in advance, hope someone could provide some insights.

The problem is when I try to open a folder with many sub-folders and files.
Some of the sub-folders are not opened, I cannot click them and they all have a special icon.
And the sub-folders which are not opened are not always the same if I open the same folder multiple times.

sublime

0 Likes

They seem to be soft-linked dirs.

0 Likes

You can right click and select “Reveal Link Source” to jump to the canonical path to those dirs.

1 Like

Any method to solve this?

0 Likes

Yes, using ‘Reveal’ does pop up the real folder.
But it 's outside Sublime.This does not really help

0 Likes

The menu entry Reveal Link Source scrolls the sidebar and expands any necessary folders to show the canonical path for the link you clicked on. If the original source is not part of your project, the first occurrence of the folder is deemed the “canonical path.” You should be able to expand this.

From your comment saying “pop up” and “outside Sublime” makes me think perhaps we are talking about different things? Could you take a screenshot of the result of clicking on Reveal Link Source?

0 Likes

The menu entry Reveal Link Source scrolls the sidebar and expands any necessary folders to show the canonical path for the link you clicked on. If the original source is not part of your project, the first occurrence of the folder is deemed the “canonical path.” You should be able to expand this.
From your comment saying “pop up” and “outside Sublime” makes me think perhaps we are talking about different things? Could you take a screenshot of the result of clicking on Reveal Link Source ?

First of all, I am using Windows 10, ST3 Version3.2.1 Build 3207
The right click for the un-opened folders only has “Reveal”, not the “Reveal Link Source” as you mentioned.

0 Likes

From your comment saying “pop up” and “outside Sublime” makes me think perhaps we are talking about different things? Could you take a screenshot of the result of clicking on Reveal Link Source ?

Below is the result when I click the Reveal, the Windows file folder just pops up.

0 Likes

Do you perhaps have an override on Default/Side Bar.sublime-menu (perhaps as the result of using a package of some sort)?

This is where the item is in the Default menu; note that the first items in the menu don’t match what you’re seeing above:

0 Likes

The screen shot looks like you’ve got something like Side Bar Enhancements installed and it is messing with the side bar menu. @OdatNurd provided a screenshot of what the default install will look like.

0 Likes

Hi OdatNurd,

I did have Side-bar Enhancement package installed.
After I removed it and re-launch ST3, still sampe problem.

And I even tried download a complete new portable version from https://www.sublimetext.com/3

0 Likes

After I remove the Side bar package.
The right click menu looks like this. Still no Reveal Link Source

sublime%203

0 Likes

What build of Sublime Text are you using?

Can you provide the contents of the Sublime Text console?

0 Likes

Hi The Build is 3207.

sublime%204

DPI mode: per-monitor v2
startup, version: 3207 windows x64 channel: stable
executable: /C/Users/HAHAHA/Downloads/Sublime Text Build 3207 x64/sublime_text.exe
working dir: /C/Users/HAHAHA/Downloads/Sublime Text Build 3207 x64
packages path: /C/Users/HAHAHA/Downloads/Sublime Text Build 3207 x64/Data/Packages
state path: /C/Users/HAHAHA/Downloads/Sublime Text Build 3207 x64/Data/Local
zip path: /C/Users/HAHAHA/Downloads/Sublime Text Build 3207 x64/Packages
zip path: /C/Users/HAHAHA/Downloads/Sublime Text Build 3207 x64/Data/Installed Packages
ignored_packages: [“Vintage”]
pre session restore time: 0.163726
startup time: 0.314726
first paint time: 0.318726
reloading plugin Default.arithmetic
reloading plugin Default.auto_indent_tag
reloading plugin Default.block
reloading plugin Default.colors
reloading plugin Default.comment
reloading plugin Default.convert_color_scheme
reloading plugin Default.convert_syntax
reloading plugin Default.copy_path
reloading plugin Default.detect_indentation
reloading plugin Default.echo
reloading plugin Default.exec
reloading plugin Default.fold
reloading plugin Default.font
reloading plugin Default.goto_line
reloading plugin Default.history_list
reloading plugin Default.indentation
reloading plugin Default.install_package_control
reloading plugin Default.kill_ring
reloading plugin Default.mark
reloading plugin Default.new_templates
reloading plugin Default.open_context_url
reloading plugin Default.open_in_browser
reloading plugin Default.pane
reloading plugin Default.paragraph
reloading plugin Default.paste_from_history
reloading plugin Default.profile
reloading plugin Default.quick_panel
reloading plugin Default.rename
reloading plugin Default.run_syntax_tests
reloading plugin Default.save_on_focus_lost
reloading plugin Default.scroll
reloading plugin Default.set_unsaved_view_name
reloading plugin Default.settings
reloading plugin Default.show_scope_name
reloading plugin Default.side_bar
reloading plugin Default.sort
reloading plugin Default.switch_file
reloading plugin Default.symbol
reloading plugin Default.transform
reloading plugin Default.transpose
reloading plugin Default.ui
reloading plugin CSS.css_completions
reloading plugin Diff.diff
reloading plugin HTML.encode_html_entities
reloading plugin HTML.html_completions
reloading plugin ShellScript.ShellScript
plugins loaded
scan: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/AB/backend has been seen before, skipping (using inode) previous path: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/cosim_release inode: 18446691346856521744
scan: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/cosim_release/src has been seen before, skipping (using inode) previous path: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/AB/frontend_check inode: 18446691346586886160
scan: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/cosim_release/verif has been seen before, skipping (using inode) previous path: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/AB/frontend_check inode: 18446691346586886160
scan: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/AB/src/rtl has been seen before, skipping (using inode) previous path: //ABCDEFG/hamilton/cosim_release inode: 18446691346856521744

0 Likes

Is there any update?
I have the same problem and my build is 3211 on Windows 10.

0 Likes

I believe currently the only fix for this is to use a network file system that doesn’t incorrectly report information on files as being the same as other, distinct files.

0 Likes

Hi there, just to add a bit to this discussion, I’m using build 4113 and I have the same type of problem, however for another reason: I’m using Next.js as a NodeJS framework, and it runs a bunch of stuff on the background, including softlinking some folders, I guess (pages/api/[APIROUTE], for example).

This kinds of break the flow of my development process, since now I can’t quickly get inside that folder to change source files. Hoping this gets sorted out someday, I’m sure it had the best intentions but changing this behaviour based on configurations would be awesome.

0 Likes

I had the same problem in 4113. Different directories with identical content ST defines as linking one to another. But these are two different directories.

0 Likes