Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 command palette freezes the editor in SSHFS

I’m currently working on a project on a remote server, and am using SSHFS so I can use my favorite editor on it (for those not familiar, SSHFS uses FUSE to present a remote server as a local filesystem, using SSH to communicate). This was working fine for a while, but now whenever I try and open the command palette on this file, it freezes the editor for around 10 seconds. This doesn’t happen at all if I open the command palette on an empty file, even in the same editor window as the SSHFS file.

Is the command palette trying to scan files on every open or something? This is driving me crazy.

I’m using Sublime Text 3 build 3047, with plugins

Package Control
AutoFileName
AutoPep8
ExportHTML
Git
GitGutter
MarkdownPreview
OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL)
rsub
SFTP
SidebarEnhancements
TextFormatting
WordCount

I know that’s a lot of plugins, but the problem persisted after a fresh reinstall and removing all plugins temporarily.

0 Likes

For what it’s worth, I have the exact same issue with ST3 on OS X, using SSHFS. I don’t have nearly as many plugins as you have — seems to be a vanilla ST3 issue.

Not only this, saving a file appears to take forever and is blocking the UI. I regularly have to wait a few seconds when I save a file. As far as I take it the underlying FS should be asynchronous, so I’m not really sure why this happens.

0 Likes

Hi here,

Three year later, I have the same issue with SSHFS.
But I have worked 1 year with SSHFS without that issue.

So I am wondering what I have changed since the bug appear.
I have tested «ctags» and «php ctags» but I have removed the package…

How can I clean my sublime 2 Linux 64 or debug the issue?

That’s my package list :

Alignement
Chainofcommand
Codeformatter
CSS, LESS, SASS, SCSS
DockBlockr
Git
GitGutter
GotoDocumentation
Markdown
Markdown
Php
PhpCs
PhpUnit
PhpUnit Completions
PhpUnit snippets
SublimeCodeIntel
SublimeMerge PRO
XDebug

Any advice?

0 Likes

Maybe GitGutter. Cloning lots of file under the .git directory.

0 Likes

In fact I have tested without any package enabled & without any of my snippets. The problem is still here…
Anyway, Thank’s for the advice.

I don’t have the issue with Sublime 3.

0 Likes

Count me in on this, completely unusable, even with no plugins installed.

For what it’s worth Finder is able to access the contents of the folders quite fast, I fired up SSHFS using these flags:

sshfs user@host:remote_path local_path -o auto_cache,reconnect,defer_permissions,noappledouble
0 Likes