Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 or 3 FTP application or method?

Hello,

I use Sublime Text 2 on a daily basis, and I was wondering if there is a way to have FTP within Sublime Text that works about the same way that Dreamweaver does it.

As of right now I’m using SFTP, I like it but the major downside to it is that you have to download all of the files, thats a major downside because of where I work right now we have all of our customers in one huge folder, so before I could start doing anything I had to download 27.5k files with the total size of 3.1 GB…

Isn’t there a FTP plugin or perhaps something external that works just as great (for Mac) that just indexes all of the files and folders on the server (or watch it live) without downloading the contents and such?

When we add a new customer I have to say “Download folder”, and it has to check all of those 27.5k files before it can find out that there was a new folder added.

Greetings,
Maarten

0 Likes

To easily download 30k files, you could zip it first (cpanel does this; a ssh console will also help).

Now, on the FTP vs Sublime side. You could use something like webdrive (there might also be a free alternative of webdrive).

Back in the day when i used a mac, i used cyberduck for remote editing: connect to a server and double click on a file. Default editor will open then every time you will save, the file is uploaded.

It’s not integrated into sublime, but i guess it’s better than nothing :smile:

0 Likes