Sublime Forum

Sublime Term, Please! πŸ™ƒ

+1 to a cross-platform stand-alone Sublime Terminal, that could also be easily integrated with ST & SM!

0 Likes

Yes, I’ve enjoyed his and Jonathan Blow’s discussions of the subject. Hard to say they’re wrong IMO, but harder to see how and when it might change.

0 Likes

Alacritty and urxvt are pretty fast tho

0 Likes

@cig0 Thanks for pointing at Alacritty, this thingy feels sweet! :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Can’t help but note all of these (alacritty/ rxvt/ yakuake) look so… old and ugly!
I love using Windows Terminal (wt), [not cmd or powershell], its a new(-ish) app that handles all terminals together as tabs, can customize it really easily with guis too, and have acrylic/transparency built in. You can open anything from cmd/PS/azurevm to any linux terminals like bash/zsh/whatever you use based on distro. Give it a try!

0 Likes

I went back to using the terminus plugin. Found @OdatNurd approach to be more convenient. He has taken some cues out of VS Code to make ST better.

I still use Windows Terminal. Latest stable version finally lets you make it the default on Windows. I also followed Scott Hanselman guide into customizing the WT. Here is the short version, in case you are interested.

1 Like

ISTM that SublimeWM or SublimeOS is the natural endpoint.

(only half joking about SublimeWM - I think a WM based around Origami bindings and functionality, and ST’s tabs and panes would suit me down to the ground)

0 Likes