Sublime Forum

Sublime stopped launching on big sur

I have a new MBP running os x 11.6. My system was loaded from my old, 2016 MBP. Sublime 3 (I believe) ran but without my preferences, which had not been copied. I updated them and got my familiar edit settings back. This worked fine for a few weeks until today, or perhaps until a recent reboot - not sure.

Now, sublime 3 wont launch. I tried to download and launch, same problem. I removed all versions of the app and downloaded sublime 4. Also wont launch.

Or rather, it launches, according to Activity Monitor, but it never makes a window. After maybe 20 seconds, it disappears from Activity Monitor. I searched here and found the off-screen problem, but when I use the key to see a mini version of all windows, while the Sublime is (briefly) running according to the Activity Monitor, there is no window.

What happened?! Is there some other way to install?

0 Likes

It’s working just like before on macOS 11.6 for me. Is it able to launch in safe mode?

0 Likes

Curious, do you see any errors when launching via (change paths to location of ST if needed):

1. open -a /Applications/Sublime\ Text.app
  2. /Applications/Sublime\ Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_text

If there are no errors, you can check the Console app to see if any errors are reported there. (search for sublime_text, then change ANY to Process)

note: change sublime_text to Sublime Text for ST3

0 Likes

Thank you for reminding me of safe mode - I knew about it years ago but forgot.

I got console messages that way. Not sure what I did yesterday to convince myself there were none, as they show up for the icon version as well.

I searched for errors and found reference to WSDaemon, which is part of Webroot, which I officially loathe. Interestingly, running it from the command line

Fortunately, I had instructions from IT for disabling it for a different problem, so I did that and voila! Sublime starts up perfection, command line or in the editor.

In case it helps anyone else, I did this, in a root shell:
sudo /Applications/Webroot\ SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/WSDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/WSDaemon -u

I’m sure it will come back on reboot. Maybe there is a way to tell it that sublime is benign and important to me! I’ll make that IT’s problem though.

0 Likes

Hey, thanks for it.

0 Likes

I got this error too. And I find some error log from system.log

Oct 13 16:21:33 sublime_text[24384]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsGLDriver: #2: No such file or directory
Oct 13 16:21:34 sublime_text[24384]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources//GLRendererFloat.bundle/GLRendererFloat: #2: No such file or directory

Is any one has any ideas about that ?

0 Likes