Sublime Forum

Sublime Setup for Rmarkdown

Hi all,

does anybody know which packages I should install if I want to use the Rmarkdown format. Maybe @wht_hattr, can you suggest me a good setup (I saw you work with rmarkdown, too when I searched for Rmarkdown in this forum).

What I want to do:

• Write Rmarkdown files like I could do in RStudio
    • use bibtex citations
    • Insert code chunks (R&Python)
    • render this to html/docs using knitr
  • Write Python and Rscrips

Specifically, I am looking for the right markdown package since I am confused which one to use for Academic Writing in Markdown with best possible Rmarkdown support. I noticed there is MarkdownEditing + Academic writing OR Markdown Extended. But do they support Rmarkdown support. Someone posted a issue on github problems with rbox then, see here.

If someone could help me here, this would be appreciated.

@wht_hattr: DId you figure out a soution for the issues you posted here before for the YAML header template?

Thank you!

0 Likes

I use R and my current setup includes:

• R-box
  • sublime-knitr

Thsese two should get you going but actually they have some dependencies (e.g send code) that are mentioned in their respective website.

In addition I have pandoc which is very handy in translating different document formats. To handle citations etc. I use citer that connects to my .bib file and gives me a dropdown list of references to choose from.

0 Likes