Sublime Forum

Sublime saved my file with 0 bytes; cannot retrieve data in previous version of file

To whom it may concern,

I was working on sublime editor and I ended up running out of space on my hard drive to save the file. I then closed sublime and reopened it and found out that the file I was working on for weeks was completely empty (0KB). It is important to note that I did not lose my file but the data inside it. Normally, it should recover from the last successful saved version, but this did not happen.

I went to session.sublime_session on my terminal and downloaded the session but I am not necessarily sure how to recover the lost data in my file.

Please contact me ASAP if there is any way I can recover the data.

0 Likes

1 Like

can please provide a step by step instructions on how to restore the data from the sublime_session files.

0 Likes

The point here is how to restore the previous version of the file. Sublime overwrote my file with data, to a file with no data. If that makes sense

0 Likes

Normally, it should recover from the last successful saved version, but this did not happen.

It does this by saving the session - including the unsaved file - to disk. If your disk is full it can’t possibly do that.

0 Likes