Sublime Forum

.sublime-project files

how do stop foo.sublime-project from being listed in the project files for the foo prokect? I would like to not have my sidebar poluted with files belonging to the editor, they are not actually part of the prokect!
It would be nice if we could have a ~.spublime/ and have all the project and workspace files for each project saved out to there instead.

0 Likes

You can add *.sublime-project to the file_exclude_patterns setting to stop project files from showing up in the sidebar:

// folder_exclude_patterns and file_exclude_patterns control which files
    // are listed in folders on the side bar. These can also be set on a per-
    // project basis.
    "folder_exclude_patterns": [".svn", ".git", ".hg", "CVS"],
    "file_exclude_patterns": ["*.pyc", "*.pyo", "*.exe", "*.dll", "*.obj","*.o", "*.a", "*.lib", "*.so", "*.dylib", "*.ncb", "*.sdf", "*.suo", "*.pdb", "*.idb", ".DS_Store", "*.class", "*.psd", "*.db", "*.sublime-workspace"],

Note that you’ll want to copy the existing setting from the defaults to your user settings and then add the new pattern there. If you just set the setting in your user preferences with e.g. just that pattern, you’ll override the default setting and start seeing other files in the sidebar that you probably don’t want.

You can create such a folder yourself and save your projects there if you want to; there’s no rule that says that the project file needs to be contained within the logical folder structure itself. If I recall correctly the sublime-workspace file is saved alongside the sublime-project file, so your working directory should be clean.

2 Likes

awesome!
tyvm :slight_smile:

0 Likes