Sublime Forum

Sublime performance

Hi, I wanted to ask someone who is fairly knowledgable in IDE’s in general and Sublime Text I would say as to how does Sublime’s performance fair with other IDE’s there on the market, what do you think are Sublime’s strengths and what are it’s weaknesses compared to some other popular IDE choices among developers today. Also it’s speed compared to other IDE’s, do you think it is the fastest one around or not and which one tops it in that regard.

The reason is I would just like to know more about the editor I am using, don’t get me wrong I love Sublime to death, best thing I have ever discovered that boosted my productivity in regards to programming/coding in general and made me more enthusiastic to spend time coding and learning this wonderful field, I would just like to get other people’s opinion on how Sublime stands today with respect to other good/great IDE’s/text editors, thanks! :smile:

0 Likes

Tried it quite extensively for some Bash scripts, gave up and went back to VS Code. Every so often I fire up ST then quickly remember why I gave up on it.

0 Likes

I used VS Code some times (mainly because ST is poorly updated and getting old), but the speed of ST and the sense of it is way better than VS Code.

My tests were under linux and macos.

0 Likes

What is the reason behind that, why do you disapprove of Sublime Text?

0 Likes

Poor implementation of some plug-ins (extensions) compared with the same in VS Code, cost, poor documentation around themes and exactly how to modify, it randomly loses my workspace layout and it’s a pain to get it back to how I want it, plus a couple of other reasons I’d rather not get into here but are related to my experience with support

0 Likes

Interesting take, thank you for your opinion.

0 Likes