Sublime Forum

Sublime not saving file as HTML

I am trying to save the file as an html file and it won’t save. The color of the text is all white as well. I purchased the license last week. What can I do to get it to save properly?

0 Likes

What do you mean by “won’t save”? Are you getting some sort of error when you try to save, or is it saving but not automatically adding the .html extension on the file so that Sublime knows what sort of file it is?

0 Likes

When I try to save it as an html file, it will automatically save it as something else. I can’t open the file into a browser like I have been doing. The color of the text is all white for some reason in the sublime text.

0 Likes

Generally speaking, I would imagine that it would only save the file as a different type if you set the syntax to that type first, but since you’re not getting any syntax highlighting that doesn’t sound like it would be an issue. What operating system are you running?

0 Likes

I am operating with Windows 10.

0 Likes

What kind of file is being created when you save the file?

0 Likes

Hello,
bringing this up because I have the same issue with saving file as python, using the drop down menu.

I know I can save the file typing .py manually BUT I like to know why the drop down menu doesnt work and how can I get it working.

0 Likes